Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm 18 and LOVE makeup and fashion. I started by posting pictures on Facebook and Twitter but that got annoying, so I started this blog! Email me if you want to make suggestions at cyphers94@aol.com. Just be sure to say its about my blog in the subject line or I might not open it!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Urban Decay Vegan Palette Review

Here's the long awaited review of the Urban Decay Vegan Palette! Sorry I took so long but I've been so busy... at least it was only a week delayed! I'll stop talking and start showing pictures now :) The camera makes some of the colors a teeeeny bit more intense, but these are pretty accurate.

Left to Right: Minx, Urb, Gunmetal, Twice Baked, Smog, Half Baked

No base- I think these colors stand very well alone, especially if you want a more subtle, muted color or a pastely effect.

 With Too Faced Shadow Insurance as Base- this is how I wear them and these colors have some pretty AWESOME payoff, especially the browns and gold. The blue (Minx) and green (Urb) were a little disappointing in their intensity.

 With white eyeliner base- even more awesome!! The blue (Minx) and green (Urb) definitely work better with the white, but the gold (Half Baked) and medium brown (Smog) seem to look less shimmery and pigmented.

Overall I was VERY impressed with this palette. Lately I've been using it literally every day because the colors are so versatile but can also be really intense for a night look. My two favorite colors are definitely the dark gray (Gunmetal) and the gold (Half  Baked). So far the medium brown (Smog) has proven hard to wear because of the color. I wore it today and as of now I look like I got punched in the eyes, but maybe it's because I was rushed this morning or am sick; I definitely need to give it another chance! The blue and green are kind of sad without the white, so I'd suggest white if you have this and want it to be more BAM like I do :)  This set is a great deal because of these amazing colors, the eyeliner (which I'm also loving, works great on the waterline, makes a good dark black and is long-wearing), and the Primer Potion that I may end up cheating on Too Faced with! Unfortunately, this is no longer on Urban Decay's website, I think they may have discontinued it because I bought it on sale. There's some on Amazon I saw but they're a little pricey. This is what it looks like if you want it and see it:

Thanks so much loyal blog stalkers :)
Keep checking back and spreading the word! Hopefully I'll relocate this soon so you guys can comment.  Contacting me by Email or Facebook is still great and highly appreciated! Tell me what you think about my series I'm thinking about. (details below in my last post)

~Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. I just got the naked palette. It's AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard it's really good! The vegan palette has 2 or 3 of the colors and I love them so I'm sure the rest are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete