Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm 18 and LOVE makeup and fashion. I started by posting pictures on Facebook and Twitter but that got annoying, so I started this blog! Email me if you want to make suggestions at cyphers94@aol.com. Just be sure to say its about my blog in the subject line or I might not open it!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Quick Review: Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso

I've heard great things about this blush, and since they sell Milani products at my local Walgreens, I had to try it! This is supposed to be a dupe or knockoff for the NARS blush in Orgasm and comparing pictures of the two, I can definitely say its about the same! Now to be honest, I've never tried the NARS one so I cannot say from experience if this is better, worse, or no different, but I do love this color so it works for me! Its a universally flattering peachy pink with a little golden sheen to it. It appears to have less shimmer than the NARS, which in my opinion is good because natural faces don't shimmer.  The Milani blush cost me about $8, where as the NARS is $27 so I think that for how similar they seem, this is the blush for those of us on a budget! 

 Nice looking package, not cheap or flimsy

 Decent amount of product for your money

 Subtle, but glowy and pretty

 Not too in-your face but still adds a nice bit of color :)

Overall I really like this blush! The one downfall I see is that it does apply heavy if you're not careful, so use a light hand when applying or use a fluffy brush afterwards to blend it in better. I find blending after tends to work better for me, but I think that's a preference thing. For almost a quarter of the price of NARS Orgasm and a similar flattering and subtle glow, I think this is very worth it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment