Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm 18 and LOVE makeup and fashion. I started by posting pictures on Facebook and Twitter but that got annoying, so I started this blog! Email me if you want to make suggestions at cyphers94@aol.com. Just be sure to say its about my blog in the subject line or I might not open it!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Kathlyn's Makeup

My friend asked me to do her makeup and I'm really happy with how it came out :) I did a kind of smoky brown fading into gold and a lot of highlight. I'll post pictures now and put up the directions later!





To create the eye look, I started with Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Lemon Drop. Then, I applied a light vanilla-y shade all the way from lashline to browbone. With an angled brush I lined her top lashes with a brown cream liner and then smudged it up on the outer corners. I used a medium-dark brown eyeshadow over that liner and worked it up into the crease, about halfway in on then eye. With a very dark brown shimmer (Urban Decay Twice Baked), I did the outer corners and a little bit in the outer part of the crease. Using a gold shimmer (Urban Decay Half Baked) I covered the rest of the lid and blended it into the edge of the brown. Finally,  using the NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk, I went just below the brow bone, blended that in, and put a very light, nearly white matte in top of that and in the inner corners for highlight. Topped this off with a teeny smudge of brown cream liner under the bottom lashes and some Falsies mascara! Done :)
 
For the whole face, I used Bobbi Brown Foundation in Sand, Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso and the lighter bronzer in the Colorista Palatte (mentioned below).
 
Sorry about just color descriptions for a lot of these, but  many of the colors are from my Sephora Colorista Palette (I'll show that in my makeup bag video!!) but unfortunately that palette has been discontinued :(

1 comment: