Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm 18 and LOVE makeup and fashion. I started by posting pictures on Facebook and Twitter but that got annoying, so I started this blog! Email me if you want to make suggestions at cyphers94@aol.com. Just be sure to say its about my blog in the subject line or I might not open it!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Urban Decay Friends and Family Inspired Look

I really loved the picture for the Urban Decay Friends and Family Sale, so I stole the girl's look and made it myself! I took a different approach to this tutorial because its a little more complex. Each picture will have the step associated with it, instead of writing it all at the end, so you can really see how its done. let me know if you like this way or the old way better.  All products used, including brushes, are at the end for reference. Comments please! :)

  <- ----- The look I'm modeling from


 Prime your lid with a primer like Too Faced Shadow Insurance, then Using NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk, cover the entire lid and wing it out to made a solid base for the bright colors. It doesn't need to be neat but it does need to cover all over.

 Using  a light-medium blue shadow and a tapered brush, work the shadow in the crease and trace over the wing of the white. Leave a space of white in the center of your lid. If it goes too high, wrap a tissue around your finger and wipe away and stray shadow.

  With a light-medium purple color, pat the color with a small flat brush on the white part in the center of your lid. I mixed 2 colors, so you can get creative and make your own shades if you don't have exactly what you want.
 Outline the entire blue area, including the wing, lightly with the NYX jumbo pencil to define the area.
 Blend it in and up onto the brow for a highlight. Here, you can also add a darker blue in the outer crease for some contour, I forgot to add a picture of the product but I'm sure you get the idea!
 Add a thin line of back eyeliner to the top lid and line the waterline too. Too thick will take over the color, so be careful!
 Add mascara of choice.

  You can also put more NYX jumbo pencil where you see fit, like the inner corner to brighten it up. Also, you can pat a sheer shimmer on is you want.  Eyes done!

 The model had a really red lipstick with a hint of orange, but I don't own that, nor does it look good on me. I went pink instead!



Completed Look:




Products Used:
 All over shimmer brush, tapered brush, small flat brush, lip brush

 Too Faced Shadow Insurance, NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk,  Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Zero

 Light-medium blue for crease and majority of eye

 Mixed these 2 purples for center of the eye

 Lip Color (looks so red but it came out very pink!)





 So that's the completed look! I want to start the series soon but no one's given me feedback about it. If no one wants it I won't bother! Any questions or comments are welcome and appreciated :) If I was unclear in this, tell me! I'll explain further if you want. Thanks blog followers!! :)

~Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. I would love to see pictures/videos of your entire makeup collection!

    Great look btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure I can make that my first video, that would be a good test of the lighting and stuff before I start video tutorials anyways. Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete