Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm 18 and LOVE makeup and fashion. I started by posting pictures on Facebook and Twitter but that got annoying, so I started this blog! Email me if you want to make suggestions at cyphers94@aol.com. Just be sure to say its about my blog in the subject line or I might not open it!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Party Eyes!

This is pretty much an amped-up version of the gunmetal eyes with a little added pizazz: lashes! I went to a party tonight and since I wore a black dress, thought this would look nice. For better instruction about the eyeshadow use, see the "Gunmetal Eyes" post. Sorry I've been pretty lame about posting new things, I justtttt finished all my college applications and I promise I'll be better now :) So here's some pictures, enjoy!


 As you can see, this is really really similar to the Gunmetal Eyes!

 I added some false lashes and defined my brows with an angled brush and some brown eyeshadow. Then I set them with clear mascara.

 To cover up any glue or gaps between the false lashes and skin, use some eyeliner! An eyeliner pen works best because its not as messy as liquid but more fluid than a pencil. Also, it wont ruin the false lashes so you can re-use them.

Dark eyes neeeeeed defined brows! Also, if you don't use some bronzer you'll look pretty gothic, so unless that's the look you want, remember your bronzer!!



As I said earlier, this look is done with the same colors as my Gunmetal Eyes, the only differences are that I used more black, used a shimmery white as a highlight instead of a light skin tone, and of course, the lashes.
To apply lashes, remove them from the package (obviously) and flex them a bit to soften them up. Then, hold them to your eye to see if you need to cut them shorter. Place a small drop of the glue somewhere like on the package and use a Q-tip to spread the glue on the part of the lashes that goes on your skin. Wait 20ish seconds and blow on the glue a couple times before applying so it gets sticker. To easily hold the lashes steady, use tweezers to place them right on top of your natural lashes, then press them in place with your fingers. Wait a couple minutes to let them set and dry, then if preferred, use the liner pen to go oer the edge of the lashes on your skin.
To darken my brows, I used an angled brush and a dark brown eyeshadow, just going with the natural curve of my eyebrows. Of course, you should use whatever color is appropriate to your brow color, unless you want dark. Then, set the hairs using a clear mascara and you're good to go. With a look this intense, a dark lip color might be too much, so keep it simple!!
Again, sorry for being bad about posting. I'll put up swatches and a review of my new palette within the next couple days, I promise!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment