Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm 18 and LOVE makeup and fashion. I started by posting pictures on Facebook and Twitter but that got annoying, so I started this blog! Email me if you want to make suggestions at cyphers94@aol.com. Just be sure to say its about my blog in the subject line or I might not open it!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Meteor Shower Eyes

Hey guys! Yesterday I decided to go all out with my makeup for choir rehearsal and make this gorgeous sparkly look. Its fairly simple and only uses a couple different eyeshadows, but its really nice for going out, night time, or whenever you're feeling like sparkles! Here's some pictures :) Just for reference, I'll always put the products used and the how-to at the bottom.  Please excuse the yellow tint, I don't know how to fix it but if anyone does please teach me! I think its a lighting problem.


Much nicer pictures than the old camera


 I mean, look at that detail!




 E.L.F Brown Liquid Liner, Sephora Eyeshadow Trio in Meteor Shower, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide- On Eye Pencil in Zero


I used the top two colors in this eyeshadow, clearly not the blue :)


To create this look, as always, I started with Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Lemon Drop to prep my lids and conceal any discolorations. Then, I used a Wet n' Wild white eyeliner pencil and covered my whole lid as a base to make the gold more vibrant (any white liner will do, I've heard NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk is best, but I haven't had the chance to buy one).  Using a small paddle-style eyeshadow brush, I patted it in the gold color and then pressed, not dragged across my lid, the color into the white all over. This method minimizes fallout with such a loose glittery color. Then , with that same brush, after I wiped some excess glitter off it, I swirled the end in the brown color and created a precise line from my outer corner into my crease halfway to create depth, then blending out the color. For eyeliner I used the E.L.F brown liquid liner on top and U.D. Eyeliner in Zero on my bottom waterline. The U.D. liner stays put all night if you apply a good coat and then don't blink for a few seconds to it set. I finished with the Falsies Mascara in Black and that completed this look :)



Come back tomorrow and I'll have pictures of my newest Urban Decay shipment with swatches! Thanks and keep spreading the word. Remember, there's no point if no one sees this blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment