Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm 18 and LOVE makeup and fashion. I started by posting pictures on Facebook and Twitter but that got annoying, so I started this blog! Email me if you want to make suggestions at cyphers94@aol.com. Just be sure to say its about my blog in the subject line or I might not open it!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pale Green and Gold Shimmer

So I thought this would be a great autumn look, sort of a changing leaves from green to golden yellow look. In person the colors are far more noticeable but sadly the camera I'm using isn't super high-tech. I really need to be using something better and I apologize for the color quality but here's some pictures from today :)


See? This kind of looks brownish. I'm not in love with this camera




Pretty much, I applied Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Lemon Drop, then patted a yellowish shimmer all over the lid. On top of that I added a yellow-green shimmer on the outer 1/3 and a darker green in the very outer corner and up into the crease into a precise line to avoid smearing and awkward darkness. After that I used a matte shadow one shade lighter than my skin to highlight the brow bone and "erase" any fallout darkness from the dark green. Last I put a pale sheer shimmer in the inner corners for a little brightness. For liner I used a brown cream liner with an angled brush making the thinnest, most precise and close to the lashes line possible. I put a little bit in the outer half of my eye on the bottom and used a smudger/pencil brush to smoke it out on the bottom and make it less harsh. Lastly I used my black liner pencil (any darker color will do though), swirled it in the brown cream liner and applied it to my waterline, just using the pencil as a precise applicator,not actually for its color. I finished off with two coats of Falsies black mascara. This can be paired with a darker, fall-y lip or if you're not confident with darker lip color, a nude gloss on top of a nude lip pencil will do. Don't forget to sculpt those cheeks with a little bronzer well blended so your eyes don't look creepily dark!

Product Pics! (using a much better camera)



Yellow Shimmer (all over lid)

 Yellow-Green Shimmer (outer 1/3 of lid, it really is only slightly greener than the yellow)

 Dark Green Shimmer (outer corner and crease)

Sheer shimmer (inner corner, its not as yellow as it appears)

Brown Cream Liner

 Blush and Bronzer

Main 2 eyeshadow brushes used





No comments:

Post a Comment